There were a number of top thriller movies of 2010 that stand tall as the finest of their genre. The year provided some smart and intelligent films directed by some of cinemas greatest living directors. Whether based on comics, starring female secret agents or taking place in the hero’s mind, these are the top thriller movies of 2010.
- “Inception” – Christopher Nolan took a break from the “Batman” franchise to make this, one of the top thriller movies of 2010. Leonardo DiCaprio start in the movie that prides itself on its brains and puzzles. The movie requires more than one viewing but is worth it in the end.
- “Shutter Island” – Martin Scorsese directed this movie, one of the top thriller movies of 2010. Leonardo DiCaprio is a special agent who travels to a maximum security prison to investigate the disappearance of a woman. Nothing is ever as it seems in one of Scorsese’s most unusual films.
- “Kick-Ass” – In this comic book adaptation, a young comic book fan with no powers attempts to become a super hero to help save people. In one of the top thriller movies of 2010, Matthew Vaughn directs this blackly comic movie with strong turns from Nicolas Cage and Mark Strong. It also provided the breakout role for young Chloe Moretz.
- “Red” – Bruce Willis stars in this fun movie, one of the top thriller movies of 2010. The movie, based on a comic book, focuses on a group of retired special ops killers who find themselves the target of the CIA to keep them quiet about what they know. John Malkovich, Helen Mirren and Morgan Freeman supply great supporting roles.
- “Book of Eli” – Denzel Washington stars in this post-apocalyptic thriller, one of the top thriller movies of 2010. Washington plays a modern day samurai, travelling across a ravaged United States protecting a special book. Gary Oldman also stars as the bad guy who wants the book for himself.
- “Daybreakers” – In this modern take on the vampire myth, the vampires rule the world and the humans are the minority fighting for freedom. One of the top thriller movies of 2010, Ethan Hawke stars as one of the vampires who suddenly finds himself part of a small human rebellion.
- “The Expendables” – Sylvester Stallone directs this movie, a call back to the action thrillers of the ‘80s, and what results is one of the top thriller movies of 2010. Stallone gathered a who’s-who of ‘80s stars including Dolph Lundgren, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis as well as new guys like Jason Statham and Jet Li.
- “Machete” – Robert Rodriguez brings his “Grindhouse” trailer to life in this exploitation thriller, one of the top thriller movies of 2010. Danny Trejo stars as a former Mexican Federale who is betrayed and left for dead. Now, living in the United States, he finds himself in a fight against The Man.
- “The Losers” – Based on a comic book, this movie follows an elite military unit betrayed by their country. One of the top thriller movies of 2010, “The Losers” is a retelling of “The A-Team” for modern times. Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Zoe Saldana and Chris Evans star in this entertaining, thrilling adaptation.
- “Salt” – Phillip Noyce tries to inject some estrogen into the spy genre in this, one of the top thriller movies of 2010. Angelina Jolie stars as an American spy who finds herself accused of being a Russian sleeper agent. The movie then becomes a thrilling chase flick, with Jolie holding her own against her male counterparts.
Inception – http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1375666/
Book of Eli – http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1037705/
Daybreakers – http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0433362/
The Losers – http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480255/
Salt – http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944835/
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …