There are several people who have earned a fortune in their lives, but these top 10 young billionaires in the world have all done it before their 40th birthdays. This article will strike envy and intrigue as you read about how these youngsters from all around the world came about their billion dollar fortunes.
- Sergey Brin. This Russian-born co-founder of Google is 34 years old and worth 17.5 billion dollars.
- Larry Page.This 37-year-old American co-founded Google with Sergey Brin, and is worth 17.5 billion dollars. Though he is older than many of the other young billionaires, his huge earnings compensate, making Page one of the top young billionaires in the world.
- Dustin Moskovitz.The world's youngest billionaire is a 26-year-old American, 8 days younger than his former Harvard roommate and Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg. The social-networking site's first chief technology officer, Moskovitz left in 2008 and started Asana, a software company that allows individuals and small companies to better collaborate. The company has attracted several of the same early backers as Facebook, and may one day be worth something. For now, though, Forbes estimates Moskovitz's entire $1.4 billion fortune comes from his 6% stake in Facebook.
- Mark Zuckerberg. At the age of 26, American Mark Zucherburg is now worth about 6.9 billion due to his co-founding share in the Facebook fortune.
- John Arnold. 36-year-old American John Arnold whizzed through Vanderbilt University in three years and became an oil trader for Enron. After the business collapsed, he started his own hedge fund, Centaurus Energy. He has done well enough to debut on Forbes' World's Billionaires list with a net worth of $1.5 billion. His self-made success has made Arnold one of the top young billionaires in the world.
- Albert vonThurnundTaxis. The 26-year-old German prince has a net worth of a $2.2 billion inheritance. Assets include real estate, art, a tech company and 30,000 hectares of woodland in Germany, one of the largest forest holdings in Europe. Albert is good-looking and suave, graciously taking care of his duties as a prince, making him very popular young billionaire in the world.
- Yang Huiyan.This real estate heiress is 28 years old and worth 3.4 billion dollars. Her father, Country Garden's chief, Yeung Kwok Keung, transferred holdings to her ahead of the 2007 initial offering.
- KostyantinZhevago.Ukraine's youngest billionaire is Kostyantin Zhevago, who was only 19 years old when he started out as a finance director at a bank. He later gained a majority stake in its holding company. Today, Zhevago is 34 years old, worth $3.4 billion, and is a deputy in Ukraine's parliament.
- FahdHariri. Hariri is worth $2.7 billion, is 25 years old, and sits on board of Beirut's Future Television Network, a terrestrial and satellite TV network covering the Middle East region, founded by his father, Rafik Hariri in 1992.
- XiaofengPeng. Pengis a 34 year oldself-made billionaire from China with an estimated worth of $1.5 billion. His fortune started with a trading company in 2005, and it grew immensely to become one of the fastest growing suppliers of Chinese-made solar wafers (which are used in solar panels) in the world. His company, LDK Solar has also been listed on NASDAQ since 2007.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
10 Mind-Blowing Necktie Knots
“How many knots are there?” you ask. Dozens, at least, most of which will totally amaze you.
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…