Top 5 Action Movies Of 2008
The top 5 action movies of 2008 are a great example of what big budget Hollywood movies can deliver when things are handled properly. These movies were all expensive thrill-rides with big stars and a lot of hype. The fact that none of them disappointed is what made 2008 a special year for the action genre.
- Many people argue that “Iron Man” was one of the best action movies about a superhero ever made. The film did a great job of adapting the comicbook and Robert Downey Jr. was incredible in the starring role. The special effects were impressive and they never got in the way of the story.
- “Speed Racer” delivered one of the most stylized worlds ever seen in movie history. Out of all the action movies on this list, it had the most impressive special effects work in terms of blending computer-generated imagery with real actors. The film is based on an anime cartoon show about a science-fiction racing league and it’s full of great references for fans of the source material.
- “Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull” may not be as spectacular as earlier Indiana Jones action movies, but it’s very solid. The movie deals with an older version of the title character and it covers thematic territory that is quite unusual for the series. Some people felt it went too far afield, but it was still a worthy successor to the originals.
- “Wanted” was a surprising film among the action movies of 2008. It deals with a cult of assassins with super-human abilities and it has some of the most spectacular action scenes in recent memory.
- “The Dark Knight” was one of the most popular action movies of 2008 and probably received the most critical acclaim overall. This movie does a good job of handling the classic Batman character with a lot of flair and a respect for the source material. The movie is very dark thematically and the acting was especially notable, particularly Heath Ledger’s performance as the Joker.