The global branding consultancy firm Interbrand lists the top 5 Italian fashion brands based on their impressive sales figures. But for the true aficionado of fine fashion, these top Italian fashion leaders not only lead in sales but also lead in quality and style. Take a moment to savor our top five Italian fashion brands.
- Gucci The recognizable double G monogram of The House of Gucci is an international symbol of quality, Italian fashion and design. Gucci's fashion line and leather goods are sold worldwide and in June 2010 they launched a new children's line. The company has a rocky management history but that has not kept Gucci from topping the list of Italian fashion brands.
- Prada Prada is best-known for creating sleek high fashion and ready-to-wear clothing, shoes and accessory for both men and women. High powered working women are Prada's target market and these astute, affluent career women are their greatest fans.
- Armani Armani is the couture of clout. This expensive and luxurious fashion brand is only found in select high-end department stores. Armani is most notable for their exquisitely tailored suits.
- Bulgari Bvlgari (its trademark spelling) grew steadily from selling jewelry in pre-World War II Europe. They now offer stylish quality watches, handbags, fragrances and accessories around the world. Look closely and you can catch a glimpse of a futuristic Bulgari watch on Tom Cruise's character in the 2002 movie "Minority Report."
- Dolce & Gabbana The sexy, hip design of Dolce & Gabbana make their fashion brand Hollywood’s favorite. A list clients like, Madonna, Sophia Loren and the Beckhams are a few of their better known customers.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.