Looking for some sad country breakup songs? Country music is known for its tear-inducing breakup songs. Listening to some of the songs can touch even the strongest of people. The lyrics hit emotions and people can't help but feel sad and in rare instances shed a tear thinking of their own personal experiences.
- "When I Call Your Name" performed by Vince Gill. This sad song tells the story of a husband and wife breakup. The touching lyrics portray what it feels like to come home only to realize the partner is no longer present.
- "How Can I Help You Say Goodbye" by Patty Loveless. This is a slow ballad portraying events over a woman's lifetime and how she's had to say goodbye to the ones she loves. From her childhood friend, to her husband and finally to her dying mother. The lyrics touch the soul of listeners and leaves fans appreciating the loved ones in the world.
- "Cold Day In July" performed by the trio the Dixie Chicks. This is a song about a marriage breakup. Promises of staying together until the proverbial snow fell in the middle of summer. The slow rhythm and beat along with Natalie Maines on lead vocals strike a chord with empathy and sorrow.
- "Still Holding Out For You" Not made famous by never being released as a single, the song by SheDaisy on the group's debut album, tells the tale of losing a loved one and how to cope with daily life. The trio of sisters have the perfect harmony for this country music song and the solemn lyrics touch the heart.
- "What Hurts The Most" is a remake made popular by Rascal Flatts in 2006. The song describes a relationship that was never allowed to blossom. Leaving before seeing what could've happened. The song has a classy country music feel to it and appeals to all suffering from heartbreak.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.