The top five youngest billionaires in America have amassed their incomes not through inheritance but industry. They represent the lucrative potential in the hands of due diligence, each of these five billionaires earn startling nine-digit checks, distinguishing themselves not only for their wealth, but also for their young ages and comparatively short time in which they gained their fortunes.
- Sergey Brin stands among the youngest billionaires of America. Brin has worked as a computer scientist and co-founded Google, the world’s most opulent and influential internet company. He has amassed an astonishing $17.5 billion dollars which places him in an enviable position among the top 24 richest people in the world.
- Lawrence Page is also another young, top, wealthy American billionaire. Like his colleague Sergey Brin, Page has also accumulated $17.5 billion dollars. Page and Brin both joined forces while they each pursued a computer science degree at Stanford University. Together they masterminded Google’s technique of sifting through websites to locate pertinent searches and collate information by keyword and frequency.
- Mark Zuckerberg is the co-founder and CEO of Facebook and ranks among the top five youngest billionaires in America. A New York native, Zuckerberg’s booming social network industry was started in his dorm with four of his friends at Harvard University. Expanded from a local school social network in 2004, to a college network, Facebook now encompasses the globe, Zuckerberg’s name and worth has soared in a record lightning short time span. He now grosses $4 billion dollars and presides over an international organization worth $11 billion.
- John Arnold is another of the youngest American billionaires. In 2009 alone Arnold has earned $900 million dollars mostly based on his gas trading enterprise, Centaurus Advisors, LLC. Arnold established Centaurus in 2003 shortly after Enron dissolved in 2002. Arnold’s estate is now valued at $4 billion.
- Miley Cyrus is one of the youngest billionaires in America. Now wealthier than her father, Cyrus has accumulated a staggering $1.5 billion dollars, working in the television, film, and music industry.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Remember when Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman made all that noise—and news—before the Super Bowl? We had the story long before the season even started, trailing him all over Se ...