The top country songs of 2010 included some real tearjerkers as well as some toe tappers. From cheaters to those vowing loyalty, from those wanting to get away and those wanting to stay, we have listed the five best from America's most popular music right here.
- "The House That Built Me" Written by Tom Douglas and Allen Shamblin, and performed by Miranda Lambert, this was the top country song of the year in 2010. It won that award at the Country Music Association Awards against some tough competition. This medium-tempo song is about a girl whose life and whose hurt has gotten too big for her, so she takes a trip home to regain the memories from when she was young and life was simpler.
- "A Little More Country Than That" Performed by Easton Corbin and written by Rory Lee Feek, Don Poythress, and Wynn Varble, this is about a good ol' boy who is as "country" as you can imagine, and even more so. In this medium-fast country song, he is telling his new love that she is getting a loyal country boy who will never do her wrong. He proves his point by putting into her mind visions of things that are country, and then tells her, "I'm a little more country than that," and "I just want to make sure you know just who you’re getting under this old hat."
- "Need You Now" Written by Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott, and Josh Kear, this was nominated the top country song of 2010. It is performed by Lady Antebellum, not to be confused with the Gaga type. The girl in this medium-slow song is in a relationship that is having problems, so she is sucking on a bottle of whiskey and thinking about the one she loves. It's hard to think of another country song in which there is a lonely girl with a bottle of whiskey and no cowboy around.
- "Toes" "Toes" is written and performed by the Zac Brown Band: Zac Brown, Wyatt Durette, John Driskell Hopkins, and Shawn Mullins. It is an up-tempo song in the style of Jimmy Buffet. The storyteller goes to an island beach to get away from the city, and learns that he loves the lifestyle. He decides that he's not going to return to the city. That's when he wakes up from his daydream and realizes he is not on an island, so he settles for a local lake and a lawn chair close to the city.
- "White Liar" This top country song of 2010 is written by Natalie Hemby and Miranda Lambert, and performed by Miranda Lambert. It is a medium-fast toe-tapper with a traditional country beat mixed with bluegrass. The girl in this song learns through hearsay that her man is cheating around town, so she reveals that she has some news of her own: She has been taking a tour of the town herself. It must be a good-sized town or they would have run into each other eventually.
Admit it: you've held the hand-brush in front of the bathroom mirror and secretly sung love songs to that special girl. ...
It doesn't take much to get a military wife crying. The right tune with the right lyrics (namely a song about a soldier' ...
The big winners at this week’s Country Music Awards were Miranda Lambert, Taylor Swift, Grace Potter and... all of us. B ...