Top field hockey colleges are those that have scholarships for field hockey players and can regularly win national championships in the NCAA divisions. Of course, winning a national championship in any sport is relatively difficult, but as history has shown, there are repeat champs in the world of collegiate field hockey time and again. So if you're looking to play field hockey at one of the highest levels in the world, look into these top field hockey colleges.
- Maryland. Winner of the field hockey national championship in Division 1 collegiate sports four out of the last six years as of 2010, Maryland qualifies as one of the top field hockey colleges in the country. They also regularly play other teams in the Atlantic Coast Conference, most of whom are top tier field hockey schools.
- North Carolina. The Tar Heels have great athletics throughout their school, but especially as of late in field hockey, as they won the national championship the two years of the last six the Maryland Terrapins did not win it. They are also an Atlantic Coast Conference school, making them a top field hockey college.
- Wake Forest. From 2002 through 2004, Wake Forest University won the field hockey national championship, threepeating. This is one of the hardest feats in sports and they are still always contenders as one of the top field hockey colleges, especially considering they are in the Atlantic Coast Conference.
- Bloomsberg University. A Division II school located in Pennsylvania, Bloomsberg is relatively unknown in any sport, except for their undeniable dominance this last decade in field hockey. In the nineties, they won the national championship five times and in the 2000s they won the national championship seven times, making them one of the elite, smaller top field hockey colleges.
- Salisbury. A smaller Maryland University, Salisbury takes a nod from its Division 1 sister school, the Maryland Terrapins, by being the top field hockey college in Division 3. Over the course of the 2000s, they won the national championship four times, with a threepeat between 2003 and 2005.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.