Top Rap Songs Of 2010
These top rap songs of 2010 had great aspects to contribute to the genre. Whether it was the great vocals or unique beat, these songs had reasons for being some of the most listened songs in 2010. Each of these songs were popular in 2010 and will surely stand the test of time to remain some of the best rap songs ever.
- Drake, "Over" Canadian recording artist Drake truly hit the top with this outstanding song. It was put at No. 60 as the Billboard's Best of 2010 Hot 100. It was part of the singer's "Thank Me Later" album, having great success for its great beat and vocals. The song has a relatively slow pace, while still getting in hot lyrics and a fun rhythm. It is truly the fusion of great rapping and unique vocals that puts this song as one of the top rap songs of 2010. It continues today as one of the most popular songs in the United States, playing everywhere from clubs to living rooms.
- Young Money, "Bedrock" This song reached No. 13 on the Billboard's Best of 2010 Hot 100. It stands as a top rap song of 2010 for its edgy lyrics and enjoyable beat. It is performed by a number of Young Money artists, including Lil Wayne, Drake, Nicki Minaj, Tyga and Gudda Gudda. This song has been gaining a lot of attention as an enjoyable dirty rap song with explicatives and suggestive lyrics. Overall, this song has shown that a clever collaboration and youthful lyrics can make for an immensely popular song.
- B.o.b., "Airplanes" As a beautiful rap/hip-hop song, this is an absolutely perfect combination of passionate female vocals fused with impeccable rapping. B.o.b. showed real skill in this song that became No. 6 on the Year-End Billboard Hot 100. It is clear that this song is one of the top rap songs of 2010, becoming a hit in America and abroad. Hayley Williams truly made a great combination with B.o.b., helping the song go from great to unbelievable. It's definitely a song you'll want to look into.
- Young Jeezy, "Lose My Mind" This song is Young Jeezy's first single from his to-be-released album, "Thug Motivation 103." If you want a song with excellent lyrics, this is top rap song of 2010 is for you. With lines such as, "I'm hearin' voices in my head think I'm schizophrenic / I swear they sayin' lets get it from another planet," this song is clearly laid-back and risk-taking with its rap lyrics. Young Jeezy's song has been immensely popular since its release, giving people a lot to expect in the upcoming album. It even made it to spot No. 3 on the Billboard Rap Song.
- Timbaland, "Say Something," featuring Drake This song combines Timbalands low-pitched rap with Drake's softer vocals. This makes for a great collaboration for a rap song. The lyrics are ones that anyone can relate to, definitely great for anyone in a tough or newly ended relationship. Although it was released in 2009, it became song No. 85 on the Billboard Year-End charts for 2010. The video is also great, featuring model Keyshia Dior in a major role. Therefore, the songs great beat and the great fusion of vocals makes this a definite top rap song of 2010.