Top Rated Wii Games
The top rated Wii games have received positive reviews from many Nintendo Wii game players. Spanning several video game genres, these Nintendo Wii games can be entertaining for kids and parents alike. Here are some of the top rated Wii games for the Nintendo Wii system.
- "Super Mario Galaxy" - The first Super Mario video game made for the Nintendo Wii was "Super Mario Galaxy", a 3D game featuring the classic mustachioed plumber and his dinosaur Yoshi. During the game, Mario tries again to rescue Princess Peach from the grasp of evil Bowser. "Super Mario Galaxy" is rated "E" and is suitable for all ages.
- "Donkey Kong Country Returns" - Renewing another classic Nintendo franchise, "Donkey Kong Country Returns" is the first Donkey Kong game for the Nintendo Wii. In this version, Donkey Kong and his sidekick Diddy are trying to recoup the banana stash that has been taken by Kaptain Krool. Along the way, Donkey and Diddy battle several jungle creatures who have been hypnotized. "Donkey Kong Country" is rated "E" for everyone.
- "Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters" - This video game franchise, which has been a top rated Wii game for years, got a revamp with this edition. In the 12th edition, players can work their way up to competing in the Masters, after qualifying for the PGA Tour. "Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters" has an ESRB rating of "E".
- "Epic Mickey" - "Epic Mickey" has been listed as a top rated Wii game because of its design and gameplay. Users go through the game as Mickey Mouse himself, who is busy renewing scrapped Disney characters and rides. "Epic Mickey" is rated "E" and is appropriate for gamers of all ages.
- "Call of Duty: Black Ops" - A top rated Wii game for mature players, "Call of Duty: Black Ops" is a first-person shooter game that follows soldier Alex Mason as he fights his way through a military campaign. "Call of Duty: Black Ops" is rated "M" and is suitable for mature gamers only.
- "Super Smash Bros: Brawl" - Featuring several of the classic characters from the Nintendo universe, "Super Smash Bros: Brawl" is a 3D fighting game for players aged 13 and up. This game has been consistently ranked as a top rated Wii game for fighting and is rated "T" for teen.
- "Sonic Colors" - Released in late 2010, "Sonic Colors" features the classic Sega hero Sonic the Hedgehog in a brightly colored, 3D environment. Once again, Sonic is attempting to thwart the evil Dr. Robotnik, who is harvesting the powers of helpless aliens to run his celestial amusement park. "Sonic Colors" is rated "E" for everyone.
- "New Super Mario Bros." - The first reboot of the original Super Mario Brothers game for the Wii, "New Super Mario Bros." brings Mario, Luigi, Yoshi and Toad back for another lengthy trip to fight Bowser. Unlike the previous versions of the game, "New Super Mario Bros." allows up to four players to participate at once. This game is rated "E" and is appropriate for all ages.
- "Kirby's Epic Yarn" - Set in a game world made entirely of fabric, "Kirby's Epic Yarn" is one of the top rated Wii games due to its unique design and its ease of play. Kirby himself is made of yarn in this game and can unravel himself into a straight line to move through tight spaces and even turn himself into a lasso weapon to fight off enemies. "Kirby's Epic Yarn" is rated "E" and is suitable for all players.
- "Wii Party" - Suitable for families, "Wii Party" features 80 mini games that keep several players entertained. Since many of the games are short in duration, this is a good choice for young children with short attention spans. "Wii Party" has an ESRB rating of "E".