If you're looking to find some of the top R&B songs ever made, the following R&B hits listed here will be enough to lead you in the right direction. R&B is a very popular genre of music that been growing in some rather stale and ridiculous directions over recent years in the twenty-first century, but that doesn't mean we can't appreciate the greatness that it once was before it all turned downhill, now can we? From Aaliyah to 112 to En Vogue, back in the day, these artists could certainly top the charts.
- "One in a Million" by Aaliyah Nobody could do R&B love songs the way Aaliyah put them together. Aaliyah's "One in a Million" is a showcase of her greatest talent when it comes to mixing fresh lyrics with original beats and tempos, making it among one of the top R&B songs ever made.
- "Only You (Bad Boy Remix)" by 112 featuring The Notorious B.I.G. and Mase Nowadays, most remixes are done just for the heck of it with zero effort put in to actually make them stand out as a legit remix. That isn't the case with "Only You" back when artists actually cared about making quality remixes. This debut single for 112 still remains as one of the top R&B songs.
- "Sittin' Up In My Room" by Brandy Originally released off of the motion picture soundtrack for the hit "Waiting to Exhale," Brandy's "Sittin' Up in My Room" is one of the top R&B songs that sports a lovable mid-tempo fused with attractive lyrics and uplifting melodies. This is back when movie soundtracks actually had something to offer.
- "Don't Let Go (Love)" by En Vogue The classy yet sexy female R&B group that was En Vogue certainly knew their R&B and it shows in this sixth number one single. "Don't Let Go (Love)" is an epic slow ballad love song that has become one of the top R&B songs to date and one of the group's best.
- "Before You Walk Out of My Life" by Monica There's nothing like the old school Monica from back in the day. Not only is this one of the best and most unique R&B songs ever made, it was one of Monica's very first singles that gave her a special place in the world of R&B music. The song is a perfect display unrequited past love and the inner pain that it brings.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.