Top Social Networking Sites
Whether you have a business or just enjoy interacting with others, you may want to learn about the top social networking sites so that you know which ones to join. While there may be a few that you've heard of, chances are that there are some you're not aware of and if they're on the list then why not join? Here is your list of the top social networking sites.
- Facebook. Surely you may have heard about Facebook since it's in the news quite a bit. Not only is it one of the top social networking sites there is, it continues to draw new users every day. Facebook is a platform where you can interact with friends, family and acquaintances. You can read what others write on their wall, play games together and view each others pictures and updates.
- Twitter. Twitter is another top social networking site where people can interact with each other. It's quite different from other sites though. On Twitter, users are limited to 140 character posts so everything has to be short and sweet. You can link to pages, post pictures and even post videos. Friends and acquaintances have to follow you to get your updates. Many businesses use Twitter in order to put out posts about a new product, event or press release.
- MySpace. MySpace used to be more popular but it certainly hasn't dropped on the top social networking sites list by much. In fact, it's right under Twitter as most popular. With MySpace the user can post updates, share pictures, make friends and play games. The difference between it and Facebook is that on MySpace you can customize your page. It once seemed more geared towards musicians and bands but became a place for friends to interact as well.
- LinkedIn. LinkedIn is like Facebook for business professionals. You still have a profile and have connections but they are of a more professional demeanor. It is a place to stay abreast of information in your industry and make new business connections.
- Ning. Ning is a little different. With this top social networking site you can create your own social networking site. It sounds confusing but what you basically do is to create your own little community within the Ning site. Most of the Ning site communities are geared towards musicians, entertainment, politics, sports, brands and publishing. Let's say you have a band and want to get your own community started for it then you would want to use Ning. There is a cost involved with Ning and while it's fairly inexpensive, it's not free like the other sites.