Top Ten Best Rappers Of The 90's
If you love your music, then you'll love this list of the top ten best rappers of the 90s. This decade was extremely influential for the hip-hop movement, which is why we've done you the favor of making this list of the top ten best rappers of the 90s. The following emcees have been pioneers in the genre and have advanced it to levels yet unheard of, making them the top ten best rappers of the 90s.
- Ice Cube. With his controversial lyrics and take-no-prisoners attitude, Ice Cube is easily one of the best rappers of the 90s. After releasing "AmeriKKa's Most Wanted," this rapper's career took off with meteoric speed and has yet to cease. He's also starred in many films, most notably "Boyz n The Hood" and the "Friday" films.
- Will Smith. You might know him as the face of movies such as "I, Robot" and "I Am Legend," but he was actually one of the best rappers of the 90s. With his family-friendly lyrics, he became the face of a generation, especially with his hit sitcom, "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air."
- 2Pac Shakur. This ill-fated gentlemen was easily one of the best rappers of the 90s, if not all time. His true-to-life lyrics and catchy beats inspired a new following in rap. He's one of the most prolific artists of the genre for being more famous from beyond the grave than while still alive.
- Queen Latifah. This plus-sized beauty released many albums during the 1990s, making her one of the first and most successful female rappers to make it big. While she might be known more for flexing her acting chops nowadays, she was still one of the best rappers of the 90s, giving her one of the most timeless careers ever.
- Outkast. There isn't much that hasn't already been said by this Atalnta-based duo. Two creative minds melding together to bring one of the greatest hip-hop acts of the century definitely belongs on this list. Considering that they're still going strong after all these years, you know that they mean business.
- Notorious B.I.G. Called by many to be the "Godfather of modern rap," he's easily one of the best rappers of the 90s. His debut album "Ready to Die" smashed sales records and became one of the most successful records of the decade. Considering you can still hear "Big Poppa" being played in clubs, you know he's got some lasting power.
- DMX. His debut album "It's Dark and Hell Is Hot" is still one of the most highly-acclaimed rap albums ever for its gritty lyrics and hard-hitting beast. The man with the six pack became one of the best rappers of the 90s after he released his second album, "Flesh of my Flesh, Blood of my Blood," months after his first.
- Lauryn Hill. This female rapper is one of the best of the decade for breaking the stereotype of rap just being a boys club. In 1998, she released her solo album "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill." The following year, she won five Grammys, including Album Of The Year. It should be noted that she was the first hip-hop artist to claim that coveted top spot.
- The Beastie Boys. With such hits like "Intergalactic" and "Girls," the boys from Brooklyn are easily some of the best rappers of the 90s. They epitomized the "white rap" movement and brought the genre to a level of success that most thought impossible. Luckily, these boys keep on rapping today, inspiring legions of new fans every single day.
- Snoop Doggy Dogg. With the release of "Doggystyle," everyone knew that he was going to be one of the best rappers of the 90s. His easy-flowing lyrics and love of every bodily vice has given him instant fan appeal the world over.