Top Ten Highest Paying Jobs
Tired of your dead-end low-paying job and you would like to know which are the top ten highest paying jobs around. Sorry to break the news to you but unless you are looking to earn a medical degree, these high paying employment opportunities requires years and years of schooling. While there are many newly made internet multimillionaires they are few in numbers that can generate that kind of income. This top ten list is compiled by the Bureau Labor Statistics.
- Specialized Surgeons - $219,770. People who cut people open to get rid of disease or help repair injuries. This high-risk job, in that a patient could die, is the number one top ten highest paying job and the most glorified.
- Anesthesiologists - $211,750. They work side-by-side surgeons to make sure the patient stays unconscious during an operation. They also help with pain relief for patients outside of the operating room.
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons - $210,710. This job entails that a surgeon operate on patient’s mouth, jaws, removes teeth, tumors or correct any abnormality found in the mouth or jaw region. Maxillofacial means pertaining to or affecting the jaws and the face. A most unique top ten highest paying job.
- Orthodontists - $206,190. Braces cost a fortune! Retainers aren’t that cool to wear either but this job pays the big bucks to stick your hands in someone’s mouth.
- Obstetricians & Gynecologists - $204,470. Men, women need special care to for women’s health, they have that extra organ the uterus. Specialized doctors who assist women in reproductive and pregnancy care are in the top ten highest paying jobs and rightly so.
- Internists - $183,990. If you’ve ever watched an episode of “House” then you know now the type of doctors the actors play on the show. Of course being television stars they make oh so much more in yearly salary.
- General Surgeons - $173,860. It’s understood that surgeons make a lot of moolah. Think about what this top ten highest paying jobs requires: college, medical school, internship, residency… you get the picture.
- General Physician - $168,550. Think about the cost of seeing a doctor for just a regular check up. Think of what it would be like without health insurance. They might have the answers to fix what makes you sick.
- Chief Executive Officer - $167,280. Finally a regular job is one of the top ten highest paying jobs. But you have to have ambition, drive and usually college degrees to become a CEO of a major company.
- Psychiatrists - $163,660. Back to the medical profession, this time think Freud. Doctors who treat mental illnesses and depression round out our top ten highest paying jobs.