The ten best hate songs don't all have the word "hate" in them. But while the word may not be there, the emotion certainly is. If you're a real hater, go ahead and sing along with these songs.
- Ray Charles – "Hit the Road Jack" Hatred oftentimes leads to separation. In this case, one partner is invited to never come back, no more, no more. That's permanent hate in a hate song.
- Fleetwood Mac – "Go Your Own Way" Fleetwood Mac was a strange little band in the '70s. There were couples in the group, and when this song was recorded, those couples had broken up. How can you "go your own way" when you're in the same band, though? It's a hate song about learning to work with the one you hate.
- Tom Petty – "You Got Lucky" Tom Petty hated this girl so much, he put it to luck that she found him in the first place. It's a hate song about bad luck for both parties.
- Three Days Grace – “I Hate Everything About You” One doubts it's possible to hate everything about another person. Yet when things go this bad, that about sums it up. It's an across the board hate song.
- Alanis Morissette – “You Oughta Know” Alanis Morissette gained the reputation for being one uptight chick with this song. Girls could write hate songs just as good as the boys could, and this song proves it.
- Nancy Sinatra – “These Boots Are Made For Walking” Boots may not have actually been originally manufactured for the purpose of walking all over men. Yet you believe Nancy Sinatra when she expresses her hard stepping hatred through this fun, yet still mean, song.
- Cee-Lo –" F**k You" Sometimes, the title just says it all. Perhaps no word says 'I hate you' more than the F word. That makes this a hate song with arguably the best hate word right in its title.
- Kelly Clarkson – "Since You’ve Been Gone" This is a really sad hate song. It's one where Clarkson realizes how much life that other person sucked out of her. She probably hates herself as much as she hates the other.
- Ben Folds Five — "Song for the Dumped" There's the dumper. Then there's the dump-ee, or the dumped. This is Ben Folds, with his old Ben Folds Five band, speaking from the perspective of one who has been harshly broken up with.
- Bon Jovi — "You Give Love a Bad Name" You really have to hate someone to write a song that suggests your very existence gives love and romance a bad rap. But that's exactly what Bon Jovi is saying with this hate song.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …