Top Wii Games
The top Wii games are several of Nintendo’s greatest masterpieces. These games may appeal to casual and hardcore gamers alike. Even adults who have never played the Wii may find themselves addicted to these colorful gems.
- “New Super Mario Bros. Wii.” This top Wii game reintroduces fans to the classic gameplay of old school Super Mario games. The stages manage to be colorful yet challenging, whisking players off through lava-filled castles, haunted houses and flying battleships. Despite the return to the simplistic platform format, “New Super Mario Bros. Wii” introduces numerous new elements. For example, the four-player mode, which allows multiple players to journey across each level, really helps this package achieve a top spot on the list of Wii games.
- “Super Smash Bros. Brawl.” “Smash Bros. Brawl” is a top Wii game driven mostly by multiplayer action. Players can choose from their favorite Nintendo characters and fight it out with an assortment of attacks and weapons. This title also comes equipped with a story mode called Subspace Emissary, which provides a lengthier single player experience than previous Smash Bros. games. Several options, such as the Stage Maker feature, allows players to customize the comically violent action.
- “Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess.” This top Wii game debuted along with the console in 2006. Like previous “Legend of Zelda” games, “Twilight Princess” offers a pleasant mix of swordplay and puzzle solving. The grand musical score, thoughtful storyline and likeable characters help boost this title to the top of the Wii games stack. In addition, the Wii controllers respond in a way that gives players more control over Link than ever before.
- “Metroid: Other M.” Following on the heels of the “Metroid Prime” series, “Metroid: Other M” reveals more information on Samus’s past. A third person view allows players to journey through an assortment of alien landscapes in a way that feels reminiscent of old school “Metroid” games. The game also offers a first person view, which gives the player a better feel for the virtual environment. A cinematic presentation combined with tricky puzzles and explosive action makes this one of the top Wii games on the market.
- “WarioWare: Smooth Moves.” This top Wii game finds unique ways to take advantage of the console’s motion sensitive controller. Players participate in over 200 wacky microgames, which encourage unusual controller positions; for example, at times, players may have to balance their controllers on their heads. While some of the microgames only last several seconds, their simplistic nature makes for hilarious and addictive game play. “WarioWare: Smooth Moves” also features cameo appearances by many famous Nintendo characters.
Posted on: Jun. 19, 2011