Toyota Recall Models
With the growing number of Toyota recalls models everywhere are getting a second look. Throughout the years of 2009-2011 a number of models have hit the recall list for a variety of reasons. If you own a Toyota it's important you know which models are on the recall list, for what reasons and where you can go to have it fixed.
- Toyota Highlander Highlander HV. The Toyota Highlander was among the list of models recalled because of the problem with the floor mat covers. The floor mat covers may interact with the accelerator pedal and cause you to speed up without intending to. You can visit the Toyota site for a list of VIN#'s affected to check your specific vehicle. Highlanders during the same years may also be affected.
- Lexus GS300 & GS350 All-Wheel Drive Models. These models are also included in the floor mat cover and can have similar outcome as mentioned above. These models are in their sedan lineup and approximately 20,000 of these models have been affected.
- Lexus RX350, RX400h & RX450h. For the same floor mat problem as the other models there are approximately 372,000 years 2006-2007 models on the recall list.
- Toyota 4Runner. Also on the list of Toyota recall models is the 4Runner for the years 2003-2009. Approximately 603,000 vehicles are affected. This is the same recall for the floor mats as other models.
- Toyota Prius. The Toyota Prius is included in the floor mat recall for the model years 2004-2009. This recall was issues in 2009 and was not updated in the recall list containing the other models mentioned here which were recalled in 2011. There was also some talk of recalling the Prius models because of brake failure, though there has been no official recall by Toyota.
- Lexus LX570. This model has approximately 17,000 models affected from the years 2008-2011.
- Toyota RAV4. The last Toyota recall model included on the faulty floor mat cover issue is the RAV4 years 2006-2011. Approximately 761,000 of these models are affected.