Toyota Yaris: How To Turn Off Maintence Light
Curious about the Toyota Yaris and how to turn off the maintenance light? If you have an issue with your Toyota Yaris, you may want to turn off the maintenance light. When it is time to change the oil in your Yaris, the maintenance light will come on. This light warns you that it is time to change your oil. If you have your oil changed at a garage, they will turn the light off for you. If you change the oil yourself, you will need to learn how to turn off the maintenance light yourself.
To turn the maintenance light on your Toyota Yaris off, you will need:
- A wrench
- A few minutes of your time
- There are a few ways to turn the maintenance light off on your Toyota Yaris. Try each of these in order. First, start your car. Push on the button of your odometer. You want to make sure the odometer is on Trip A before you shut off the car. Turn off the car while you are holding on the odometer reset button.
- Turn the car back on while still holding down on the odometer reset button. Hold the button down for five seconds or until the light starts to flash. Odometer A will reset to zero and the flashing light will go off. If the system fails to reset, the light will continue flashing.
- The first way to turn off the maintenance light on your Toyota Yaris should work. If not, try this instead: open up the hood of your car and secure it with the safety arm. Take your wrench and take the negative cable off your battery. Keep the negative battery cable off for ten minutes. Replace the negative back on your battery and start your Toyota Yaris. This should reset the maintenance light on your Toyota Yaris.
- Maybe the first two methods did not work. Try this step next: drive your Toyota Yaris to your local auto parts store. Tell them you want them to test the computer system on your car. They will do this test without charging you. They will then shut off your maintenance light and let you know if there is anything wrong with your Toyota Yaris. They will not charge you to shut off your light. It is good to get to know the manager of the auto parts store in case you need to do any future maintenance on your Toyota Yaris.
- You've learned three ways to turn off the maintenance light on your Toyota Yaris. Try them in order. The first one should work. If it does not work, go on to the next one. One of the three will shut off the maintenance light of your Toyota Yaris. If you change the oil on the car yourself, it would be a good idea to learn which method works for your car.