Transfer Itunes Library To New Computer
Learning to transfer your iTunes library to new a computer will enable you to seamlessly move your music collection. If you have just purchased a new computer, this will be important to do, as it will save you a lot of time. Follow these simple steps to transfer your iTunes library to a new computer.
In order to transfer your iTunes library to a new computer, you will need:
- Computer with iTunes installed
- Media collection in iTunes (either on your old computer or external hard drive)
- External hard drive
- Move your iTunes library to an external hard drive. Note that if you have already done this, you can skip this step. Move all of your media files in iTunes to your external hard drive. You should find that most of your files of similar type (i.e. music collection in "My Music" for Windows users) are in the same place. Make sure that you locate and move the media you have purchased on iTunes as well. Simply move all of these files into your external hard drive.
- Transfer your collection from the external hard drive to the new computer. Move these files to your new computer. Consider placing them in similar folders, as previously covered, in order to maintain the organization of your collection.
- Import your media into iTunes on the new computer. Go into iTunes on the new computer. From here, select the folders that you moved your collection into and import iTunes. Your iTunes library is now transferred to the new computer.