Transformers Movie Characters
Some of the Transformers movie characters come from action figures dating back to around 1984. With two opposing groups of Transformers, the Autobots and the Decepticons, the story of their struggle begins. The movie contains human actors as well as computer generated robots all working together to create one of the top grossing movies of 2007.
- Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf) The character of Sam is an awkward teenager who doesn't fit in at school and is looking to sell stuff on eBay in order to save up for a new car. He stumbles across Transformer Bumblebee who happens to be the alien inside of his new car and is caught up in a search for the All Spark to save the world.
- Mikaela Banes (Megan Fox) Mikaela's character isn't Sam's type, but she gets caught up in the mayhem of saving the world. As the movie progresses, she becomes Sam's love interested and fights hard to help defeat Megatron.
- Bumblebee (the yellow Camaro) Bumblebee is an alien character from the planet Cybertron. He takes on the body of a beat up Camaro and is purchased by Sam Witwicky. Bumblebee is one of the Autobots (the good guys). At the end of the movie, he elects to stay with Sam.
- Optimus Prime (voice of Peter Cullen) Optimus Prime is the leader of the Autobots and brother to Megatron. He takes on the form of a blue and red semi-trucks and makes all decisions when it comes to what the team will do.
- Megatron is the leader of the Decepticons. He was frozen for thousands of years after coming to Earth in search of the All Spark. He was taken by the United States government and kept frozen until one of his minions gets into the Hoover Dam and releases him. His goal is to take over Earth and use it as an energy source.
- Starscream is Megatron's right hand man. In his absence, Starscream's character worked to keep looking for the All Spark and find Sam Witwicky who unknowingly held the map to the All Spark on his grandfather's glasses.
- Captain Lennox (Josh Duhamel) Captain Lennox's character encounters some of the Decepticons as they arrive on Earth. Because of this experience, he is asked to lead a team to learn about the All spark and fight agains the Decepticons. He becomes an ally of the Autobots.
- Maggie Madsen (Rachael Taylor) Maggie's character uncovers a code that ends up being the Decepticons breaking in the United States government computers, looking for information of Sam Witwicky.
- John Keller (Jon Voight) Defense Secretary Keller is looking to see what is breaking into the computers and fight against it at all costs. He finds out about Section 7 of the United States government and also works to rid the world of the Decepticons.