Tricep Exercises For Men
To get your arms to look as big as they possibly can, you will need to perform Tricep exercises for men. The Triceps are a three-headed muscle on the back of the arms. Well developed Triceps will make any man's arms look bigger, especially the biceps. Read on to learn how to perform Tricep exercises using the most basic equipment.
You Will Need:
- A Dip Station
- A Chair
- A Wall
- Do dips at the gym. Dips are a very popular exercise that will develop your triceps fast. Dips are very easy, you simply hoist yourself up onto a dip station with your arms extended and elbows locked to bear the weight of your body. While keeping your back straight, bend your arms slowly until the bottom of your chest muscles are in line with the dip bars and return to the starting position. Do not lock your elbows out when you return to the starting position as this will put unnecessary stress on your elbow joints. Do up to five sets of four to eight repetitions, but no less than three sets.
- You can also do dips with a sturdy kitchen chair. Using any sturdy chair to do dips is a very economical way for men to develop massive Triceps at home. Simply turn your back to the chair and place your hands palm down facing front (or depending on which is more comfortable) pointed out on the front edges of the chair. Extend you legs all the way out until your arms are supporting the weight of your upper body. Slowly lower yourself until you feel tolerable stress in your Triceps and return to the starting position without locking your elbows out. Five sets of four to eight repetitions is good with no less than three sets of four to eight repetitions.
- You can even use a wall to do Triceps exercises and get great results. To isolate and exercise your Triceps using a strong wall, place your hands palm down at face level, your index fingers and thumbs should form a triangle. Point your elbows outward. Step back from the wall until you are comfortable will the weight, bend your elbows until your face is in the triangle and return to the starting position without locking your elbows out. Do five sets of eight to ten repetitions.
- Doing pushups the right way will target and exercise your triceps. Doing close grip or diamond pushups is another great way to do Triceps exercises. To do close-grip pushups simply start in the normal pushup position with your hands shoulder width apart. Keep your elbows close to your body, focus on your Triceps and lower yourself as low as you can and return to the starting position without locking your elbows. Diamond pushups are done by placing your index and thumbs fingers together to form a triangle under your chest. Keep your elbows pointed outward, slowly lower your body until you feel a tolerable amount of resistance in your Triceps and return to the starting position. Do three sets of five repetitions.
- Do your Tricep exercises no more than two times a week to allow for maximum recovery and faster growth.