There are certain types of bait that trout like and here are a few trout bait recipes you can make at home. One may work better than another for you, so you have to try and see which one the trout will respond to. The first one’s kind of smelly, but the fish love it, so be prepared!
Peanut Butter and Sardines Trout Bait Dough
- ½ c. corn meal
- ½ c. flour
- ¼ c. corn syrup clear
- 1 c. water
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter
- ¼ c. marshmallow fluff
- Food coloring
- 1 can sardines
- Cotton balls
- Combine water, corn syrup, food coloring and peanut butter in sauce pan. Bring to a boil, turn to low.
- Mix corn meal and flour in bowl and add to sauce pan.Cook on low till thick.
- Puree sardines and marshmallow fluff and stir in mixture.
- Cool, stir in cotton balls to help bait stick together.
- Make dough ball and tie on hook.
Cheesy Garlic Trout Bait Dough
- 2 c. water
- 1 c. flour
- 1 c. corn meal
- ½ c. sugar
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- ¼ lb. Velveeta cheese
- Melt cheese in bowl in microwave.
- Mix all above ingredients together and blend.
- Bring water to boil in big pot.
- Form small balls with dough.Drop balls into boiling water for 1-2 minutes.
- Dry off balls with paper towel.
- Tie dough ball on hook.
Joel Spalding’s Trout Bait
- 6 uncooked brown and serve rolls
- 1 stick cream cheese
- Few strips of bacon for bacon grease
- Food coloring
- Mix above ingredients together.
- Stir until consistency of Playdoh.
- Cook bacon strips and pour bacon grease into mixture.
- Mix in food coloring and place in refrigerator.
Baitfisher Bill’s Trout Bait Recipe
- Bag of hatchery food
- 1 gal. Ziplock freezer bags
- Add hatchery food, hot water, and flour in Ziplock freezer bag.
- Knead bag contents like dough until wet powder form.
- Add small amount of flour and continue kneading until almost sticks together.
- Press onto size 8 bait hook and make it flat like a spinner.
Bait Tips from James
- Hypodermic needles (for diabetics)
- Pull back plunger on hypodermic needle.
- Inject air into worm, marshmallow or cheese. Close hole.
- Use worm, cheese or marshmallow alone, or add to cheese or power baited hook.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.