Though he died much too young at 25 years of age, enjoy the prescient wisdom of the Tupac quotes about life. As the son of Black Panthers, he infused his music with political consciousness and violent imagery that remains legendary long after his 1996 death.
- "It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave." Shakespeare’s Hamlet spoke about one’s time upon the stage (of life), but Tupac’s version sounds like more fun.
- "For every dark night, there's a brighter day." Perhaps an answer to Poet Emily Dickinson’s “Will there really be a morning? Is there such a thing as day?,” the well-read Tupac always aimed to inspire as well entertain.
- "You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened… or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the f*** on." Actions not only speak louder than words, they are the only means of getting back in the game.
- “Measure a man by his actions fully, from the beginning to the end. Don't take a piece out of my life or a song out of my music and say this is what I'm about, because you know better than that.” This Tupac quote was aimed at journalists trying to pigeonhole him into a gangster identity, when he was so, so much more.
- "Out of anger comes controversy, out of controversy comes conversation, out of conversation comes action." Like Malcolm X before him, this Shakur quote includes the need for anger element if change is ever going to happen.
- "Some say the blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice. I say the darker the flesh then the deeper the roots" A lovely play on the familiar saying, Tupac’s political legacy is a direct extension of his parents' political leanings.
- "Fear is stronger than love, remember that. Fear is stronger than love, all that love I gave didn't mean nothing when it came to fear.” There may be a thin line between love and hate, but fear is the greatest killer of all.
- "You know it's funny, when it rains it pours, they got money for wars, but can't feed the poor." Sadly more than a decade after his death, the same truism could be said in the United States today.
- “To all the seeds that follow me, protect your essence. Born with less, but you still precious.” For his gangster styling, Tupac’s larger aim was to uplift his community, audience and beyond to always seek their better selves.
- "Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside while still alive. Never surrender." Agree or disagree with his legacy, this Tupac Shakur quote encapsulates his determination to live life on his own terms, no matter the world around him.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?