Do you want learn some Tupac Shakur quotes? Tupac's birth name was Lesane Parish Crooks. He would later be called "2pac" when he entered the world of music. By the mid-90s, he was the #1 hip hop artist in the world. By 1994 he had set a Guiness World Record by selling 67 million records worldwide. He was both a recording artist and an actor. Tupac was considered and up and rising movie star. Due to unfortunate series of events, he died in 1996. These now famous quotes derived from his hard upbringing, his trouble with the law and his gangster lifestyle.
- “All I'm trying to do is survive and make good out of the dirty, nasty, unbelievable lifestyle that they gave me.” He was robbed, shot and grew up on the dark side of Harlem. This Tupac Shakur quote encapsulates his life.
- “Everybody's at war with different things…I'm at war with my own heart sometimes.” He stated this during an interview for “Vibe” magazine. He got married but the marriage was annulled same year.
- “It seemslike every time you come up something happens to bring you back down.” He was offered a record deal at the age of thirteen. His mother would not allow him to sign stating he had not lived enough to be a star.
- “Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real.” In this prolific Tupac Shakur quote, he states the sentiment of those in poverty. Dreams are all you got when you have nothing at all.
- “When you do rap albums, you got to train yourself. You got to constantly be in character.” Was his hip-hop gangster image all an act? According to this Tupac Shukar quote, he clearly states it’s all about presentation to sell albums.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Best Female Singers in Indie Music
Songstresses we love, from Brooklyn to Scandinavia.
Field Test: LA’s Best Valets Take on the Stingray
There are no wiser men than Hollywood car parkers to gauge the true star power of an automobile...
Style Profile: Jesse Nolan of Caught a Ghost
One of the most stylish guys in indie music on the benefits of dressing up for your home office and the "Blossom"-esque trend men should avoid.