Turkey Burger Recipe
You may be asking yourself why you need a turkey burger recipe. Burgers are an American favorite. Whether you are dining at your fast food restaurant or a five-star restaurant, you can find a burger on its menu. Burgers have taken the world by storm and have graduated from the typical offering of beef to turkey, chicken, bison, vegetables and seafood. If you are looking to add some variety to your burger dinner at home, try an easy turkey burger recipe.
To cook a turkey burger, you will need:
- 1 lb. of ground turkey
- Add-ins (optional)
- Cooking source (i.e., skillet, griddle or stovetop grill)
- Hamburger buns, condiments and vegetables to compose the final sandwich
- Purchase 1 lb. of ground turkey from your local grocer. Ground meats are available in several varieties based on the fat content.
- Choose your desired seasonings for your turkey burger. Basic seasonings are usually salt and pepper. However, garlic powder, seasoning salt, cumin, curry powder or paprika are all additional options.
- Identify any add-ins. Add-ins are vegetables or other ingredients that will be added to the burger. Add-ins include garlic, onions, tomatoes or mushrooms.
- Add the seasonings and add-ins to the ground turkey. Use your hands to mix these items together. Separate the meat into four sections; 1 lb. of ground turkey yields 4 moderately sized turkey burgers.
- Add 1 tbsp. of oil such as olive oil to a heated skillet or stovetop grill. Add the turkey burgers to the skillet or grill and cook until brown each side, approximately 5 minutes on each side. Avoid using a spatula or cooking utensils to flatten the burgers because they eliminate juices from the burger, which keeps them moist.
- Remove the burgers once cooked and place them on a heat safe plate. Serve on a bun with your choice of favorite toppings.