Two Week Notice Letter
Everyone should know how to make a two week notice letter. Sometimes you want to leave a job, but you want them to give you a good reference. A resignation letter helps because it gives your employer notice and reason for leaving the company. Learn how to prepare a two week notice letter by reading below.
To write a notice letter, you will need:
- Letter preparation. The resignation letter can be typed using a word processing document on a computer and printing it out. An alternative is to handwrite the letter using paper and pen. For both types, place at least one line between each section.
- The salutation. Begin the two week notice letter by addressing it to the right person and department using the proper title. Depending on how the company is structured, the human resources department or the supervisor may be the recipient of the notice letter.
- The leaving section. Create a paragraph that states you are resigning from your current position at the company and the exact last day of work. A two week notice letter should include your exact position title and a date that is fourteen days in advance.
- Grateful and helpful area. This paragraph should praise the company and offer your assistance to train others. Included in the two week notice letter should be a phrase saying that you will assist in helping others takeover the job duties before you depart.
- End note. Close the two week notice letter by using your preferred salutation and your name. Remember to include a signature before your typed name.