Types Of Guns
Firearms have been around for a long time, and there are several different types of guns around the world. Guns can be used for hunting, defense, fighting and much more. Some people enjoy shooting guns just for the thrill of it. Others keep them only to protect their families. Still, some are completely against weapons and firearms and would prefer that they were banned altogether.
- Handguns are one of many types of guns. Some different types of handguns include pistols, revolvers and derringers. Pistols can be semi-automatic, where you have to pull the trigger each time you want to fire a bullet, or they can be automatic where you can hold the trigger to fire them. They are loaded with magazines or clips of bullets that can range in size. Revolvers are a type of gun that have cylinders that hold the bullets, and usually consist of six different bullet slots. Some have hammers that need to be pulled back to fire them and others only need to have the trigger pulled. They are generally more powerful than pistols. Derringers are very small and short handguns with one or two barrels.
- Rifles are another type of gun. Usually you hold a rifle with two hands. They are considered to be fairly accurate weapons. Because the rifle has a longer barrel for the bullet to travel down and rifle through, which means to spin, the bullets fly straighter and with greater overall accuracy. Rifles are often used for hunting purposes.
- Shotguns are a third type of gun. Although they look similar to rifles in overall style, they are considered to be inaccurate and shoot packets of shot. These packets contain little beadlike units in them that spread out on firing. They are great for hitting targets at close range but are terrible for long range shots. This is because the beads spread out more and more as they travel further.
- Assault rifles are another type of gun that is fairly popular. They are commonly used by the military. They usually have the ability to be semi-automatic, automatic or shoot bursts of shots, depending on how you want to set them. They are more accurate when fired semi-automatically, but they can shoot rapidly when they are automatic.
- Machine guns are fully automatic guns that are also rifled. They shoot rapidly as long as you are holding down the trigger, and can either be held in your hands or mounted on something to increase accuracy. Mounted machine guns are generally heavier and would be very difficult to carry and aim while shooting. They are very powerful weapons used by the military for the most part. Sub-machineguns are usually smaller than machine guns and fire smaller caliber bullets.