Types Of Lawyers
There are many types of lawyers that fight everyday to secure the rights of people all across the globe. From federal to civilian court, lawyers at every level of the judicial system have some type of specialty, which requires years of study but allows them to give their clients the best opportunity to win battles in the courtroom. While there are numerous specialties a lawyer can choose from, some are more common than others.
- Assault Lawyer. Everyday, many individuals around the world are attacked or accused of causing physical harm to others. Whether it is domestic or criminal violence against another, these lawyers are either defending their client against accusations that they committed assault on another (criminal defense lawyer), or are fighting to achieve compensation for medical and insurance costs while demanding extra compensation for the traumatic event (personal injury lawyer).
- Divorce Lawyer. In the United States, more than half of all marriages sadly come to an end due to conflicts between the spouses. Whether it was simply over personality conflicts (irreconcilable differences), or through some traumatic physical or emotional experience, these people need lawyers that will help advise them through the legal process of getting a divorce and are tasked with helping to divide up any assets (finances, land, cars, etc) that were merged during the marriage.
- Child Support Lawyer. In some cases, parents are unable to continue caring for their children due to the inability to maintain a steady source of income for financial support or because of domestic violence or drug abuse that creates an unstable living environment for a child. These lawyers are frequently used during divorce cases when determining who receives primary custody and organizing visitation hours, and also with social workers in order to remove a child from an unhealthy environment and find them a suitable place to live.
- Immigration Lawyers. For people looking to establish residency in another country but find themselves swamped in bureaucratic black tape, immigration lawyers can help advise clients through the process of establishing legal residency, whether it's for a visa (temporary stay), or obtaining full citizenship. On the other hand, if a person is facing possible expulsion from a country, they may use an immigration lawyer to fight the sentence in court in order to remain in the country.
- Compensation Lawyers. People get injured everyday, sometimes due to an error from someone they relied on; it's a sad way of life. Whether it's from a doctor's mistake also known as malpractice, or from an injury related to a company or its construction policies, compensation lawyers assess the damage a person has gone through due to the fault of another and will fight in court in order to win financial compensation for their client as reparations.
- Employment Lawyers. These lawyers are called into action when a person feels they have been mistreated or wrongfully punished in their work environment. People who are fired without a legitimate reason may call in an employment worker in order to obtain money to support themselves. These lawyers may also be called in if there is a conflict between a business and the union that its employees belong to; this typically involves wage issues or safety policies.
- Insurance Lawyer. People experience accidents on a daily basis. Whether it's health related, or dealing with personal assets, when something goes wrong, a person expects some sort of compensation if they are insured. Insurance lawyers typically specialize in getting people through the insurance claim process by reviewing the insurance companies' policies so that they can help get their client the most amount of compensation while paying the least about for their policy.