Types Of Liquor
There are 6 popular types of liquor in modern culture with several derivatives of each one. Liquor is distilled and has an alcohol content of approximately 40% which equates to 80 proof. Liquor can be mixed with different beverages in order to create mixed drinks and are generally considered more concentrated forms of alcoholic beverages than beer or wine.
- Whiskey is one of the many different types of liquors. Scotch and bourbon are both derivatives of whiskey and they are all popular alcoholic beverages. Jack Daniel’s and Jim Beam are both popular bourbons. Johnny Walker is a popular brand of scotch, and Crown Royal and Seagram’s are both popular forms of whiskey as well. Jack and Coke is one of the most popular whiskey mixed drinks consisting of Coke or Pepsi and Jack Daniel’s bourbon.
- Gin is another popular type of liquor. Gin is usually noted for its pine tree or Christmas tree scent. It is the most popular primary ingredient in martinis and is also used in mixed drinks such as the Tom Collins or the gin and tonic.
- Vodka is one of the most popular types of liquor in the world. It is known for having no color and has less taste and smell than other liquors. Some of the more popular brands of Vodka include Smirnoff, Absolut, and Grey Goose. Many argue that vodka is one of the best overall liquors for mixed drinks since it has little flavor when compared to other liquors.
- Rum is made from sugarcane and similar products and is another type of liquor. Rum is the sweetest of all of the liquors since it is made from sugarcane, and it is therefore popular with sweet mixed drinks. Rum and Coke is popular, as are Hurricanes and Daiquiris. Captain Morgan and Bacardi are both popular rum brands.
- Tequila is made from the agave cactus and is a popular liquor that originated in Mexico. The most popular use for tequila is the Margarita, but some people are also willing to take shots of it as long as salt and a lemon are included to remove the strong taste. This beverage is noted for its ability to produce horrible hangovers.
- Brandy is another type of liquor that is popular. It is one of the oldest types of liquors, and the most popular form of brandy is cognac. It is a sweet tasting liquor that has been popular for a long time. Hennessy and Remy Martin are two popular brands of brandy.