Types Of Rabbits
An interesting question is which types of rabbits make the best pets. The fluffy small animals are a favorite first pet. This hopping creature comes in different breeds, so choose your favorite. Continue reading to see which ones made the list.
- Jersey Wooly. The Jersey Wooly is the smallest type of rabbit used as domestic pets. A grown Jersey Wooly rabbit will reach a maximum of four pounds. These fluffy fur animals are known for their high intelligence and family friendly temperament.
- Holland Lop. The Holland Lop is the most popular type of rabbit with long ears. Holland Lops have a curious disposition and like to investigate their surroundings. These rabbits are great for beginners and adults. They weigh up to five pounds.
- Florida White. The Florida White is a short-haired rabbit that has an inquisitive nature. These types of rabbits do well in families and are known for participating in shows. The Florida White rabbit can grow to a full seven pounds.
- Lilac. The Lilac types of rabbits are in one of the biggest breeds of domestic small animals. The average weight for a Lilac is eight pounds, but they can weigh more than nine pounds. This breed of rabbit is commonly used in shows.
- Flemish Giant. A Flemish Giant is the largest breed of all rabbits. The majority of Flemish Giants weight more than ten pounds. This breed of rabbit has a relaxed temperament, which makes it a good pet. These giants of small animals adapt well with other pets.
Posted on: Apr. 17, 2011