Types Of Televisions
When researching to buy a new television, you may want to explore the different types of televisions. Knowing the different types of televisions that are available is half of the battle when deciding which television is best for you. In the end, choosing the type of television you want to buy is a personal choice in the features that each television offers and the picture that you like the best.
- LCD. An LCD television has a liquid crystal display. The LCD has the lowest black to color contrast ratio between the types of televisions. LCD televisions are offered in a wider variety of sizes over the DLP and plasma televisions. LCD televisions are very light weight and are easily mounted on a wall or can sit on a stand.
- LED. An LED television is a type of LCD TV. The difference in the televisions is the backlighting. The LED backlighting offers a crisper picture and higher black to color contrast. Since this is a LCD television, it offers the same light weight and thin design that is easily mounted on the wall or can sit on a stand.
- 3D. The 3D television is the newest option in televisions available. These 3D televisions are available in LCD, LED and plasma models.
- Plasma. A plasma television is a flat screen TV that has an excellent side viewing angle. The older model plasma TVs were known for burn in, which would happen when playing video games or when the screen showed the same picture for an extended period of time. The plasma is also a wall mountable television, although it is not as thin or as light as the LCD.
- DLP. DLP stands for digital light processing. This is the way the light is projected through the screen. The DLP offers a great picture for straight on viewing but side viewing is limited. The DLP television is not wall mounted and is rather large compared to the plasma and LCD models. However, the DLP does offer larger screens than the others.