UFC 10 Best Knock Outs
If you love Ultimate Fighting Championship, then the UFC 10 best knock outs are sure to be your forte. UFC (officially called "Ultimate Fighting Championship"), was founded in November of 1993 as a company seeking to make Pay-Per-View money by showcasing martial art competitions. Since then, the best knock outs in the UFC have been performed by a wide variety of contenders. Watching the best knock outs of the UFC's long history is like watching gold being made: they're so valuable, and they make you happy to watch.
- Seth Petruzelli knocks out Kimbo Slice. The famous fourteen second knock out of the great Kimbo Slice by a guy half his size. The list for the best knock outs in the UFC wouldn't be complete without this addition.
- Gabriel Gonzaga knocks out Mirko Filipovic. One of the greatest upsets in UFC history. Filipovic was a well-known and extremely good fighter, but that kick to the head at the end of the first round solidified this win.
- Rashad Evans knocks out Sean Salmon. The 5' 10" Salmon was undone by a swift kick to the head by Rashad. A celebratory moment, of course, Evans took the opportunity to dance to the crowd's cheers and jeers after one of his best knock outs.
- Tank Abbott knocks out Steve Nelmark. A tough guy to begin with, Tank Abbott packs 269 pounds of heat on his six-foot-tall frame. Nelmark gave it a good shot as the "alternate" sub for Ken Shamrock, but was dropped after 1:05 had passed. One of Tank Abbott's best knock outs in UFC, this match was showcased as part of Ultimate Ultimate 1996.
- Rashad Evans knocks out Chuck Liddell. Although he was everyone's favorite, Liddell couldn't prevent the overhand that toppled his weak punch in the second round. This knock out took place during UFC 88 in Atlanta, 2008.
- Quinton Jackson knocks out Wanderlei Silva. A left hook to the chin took Silva down to the paint. After Rampage knocked him out, he attacked Wanderlei on the floor. Uncalled for, Jackson later apologized for the attack.
- Anderson Silva knocks out Rich Franklin. "The Spider" gave it to Franklin. Specifically, he gave him a couple knees to the face.
- Tank Abbott knocks out John Matua. Tank is a fierce opponent who loves to KO opponents quick and dirty. Abbott sent Matua into convulsions after he rose from an earlier knock down. Clearly one of the best knock outs (albeit a nasty one).
- Quinton Jackson knocks out Chuck Liddell. UFC 71 was quite the event, and Rampage made sure to make it memorable by beating Chuck by TKO after 1:53. Sure, it was one of the best knock outs in the UFC's history, but it was more memorable as the moment Quinton took the Light Heavyweight Championship from Liddell.
- Mike Russow knocks out Todd Duffee. During the final round, a cocky Duffee had his sights set on another Octagon victory. Yet, nearing the end of the clock, Mike Russow made short work of Todd to a shocked crowd at UFC 114.
The best UFC knock outs are sights to behold. They portray both the brutality of the sport, and the raw strength and skill of those who perpetrate them. Regardless of your opinion on some of these men, only one thing comes to your mind when watching them: "Damn"!