Some of the ugliest celebrities are the most talented and most beloved. Ugly actors are usually character actors but can be romantic leads, like Alan Rickman. Indeed, an actor can use his or her ugliness to add another layer to their portrayal of a character, and audiences flock to see their work.
- Sir Ian McClellan What would audiences do without Sir Ian's craggy, soulful ugliness? Gandalf and Magneto wouldn't be half the characters without it, and Richard III would have less of an impact without that leering, ill-favored mug.
- Sandra Bernhard Sandra Bernhard is what the French like to call a jolie-laid, a beautiful, ugly woman. Like Marie Dressler, an ugly actress from the early days of motion pictures, Sandra’s ugliness can lend a poignancy to her performance, as she does with her character in "The King of Comedy."
- Alan Rickman He’s not as ugly as Severus Snape is supposed to be, or as young, but he’ll do. Hans Gruber in "Die Hard" could never be as intimidating without Alan’s cold, glittering eyes and huge schnozzola, nor would "Sense and Sensibility's" Colonel Brandon be half as sexy if Rickman was a pretty boy.
- Geoffrey Rush The Australian born actor, with his sad sack sort of ugliness, is one of only a few celebrities to have won an Oscar for "Shine" an Emmy for "The Life and Death of Peter Sellers" and a Tony for "Exit the King." His sublime performance and beat-up hound dog visage recently won him another Oscar nom for Best Supporting Actor as Lionel Logue in "The King's Speech."
- Quentin Tarantino Quentin, of the simian underbite and beady eyes species, is a genius. An unruly, ugly, freight train of a genius. Arguably derivative, Tarantino is still inarguably one of the greatest modern filmmakers blessing us with gifts like the "Pulp Fiction," "Reservoir Dogs," and the "Kill Bill" movies. Only QT would dare to burn up Hitler in "Inglorious Basterds" in a theater along with his Nazi goons.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …