These upper back pain exercises for men can save you a lot of pain. Upper back pain can come on suddenly and be triggered by a variety of activities. These different upper back pain exercises help different areas so you should see which one helps your injury. If upper back pain persists, you should notify your doctor.
- Cheer! First relax your arms so that they hang at your sides. Slowly raise your arms over your head. Hold this pose and allow the muscles to stretch. Then let your arms relax back into the starting position.
- Butterfly. First place your hands on your shoulders with your palms down. Move your elbows together as close as you can without moving your hands. Once you fill a stretch in your back, hold the position. Then return back to the starting position.
- Shoulder roll. Slowly roll your shoulders in a forward circular motion. First make large circles and then make smaller circles in the opposite direction.
- Shoulder shrug. Raise your shoulders upward. Hold this pose, allowing the muscles to stretch. Then return to the relaxed position.
- Head tilt. Slowly tilt your head so that your left ear touches your left shoulder. Repeat on the other side. Relax for a moment and then repeat as needed.
- Neck and shoulder stretch. You will need a chair for this upper back pain exercise. Hold on to one side of the chair and bend to the opposite side, while keeping your body straight. Pause and hold the stretch for a moment before repeating on the opposite side.
- Straight leg stretch. First stand up straight and then slowly bend to touch your toes. Make sure to bend your knees slightly. You will feel the stretch in the back of your thigh.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.