Use Google Calendar On Iphone
If you want to keep up with the rest of the world, you're going to need to learn how to use Google Calendar on iPhone. Using Google Calendar on iPhone is great because it synchs your schedule with the rest of the world and makes planning that much easier! The following steps will help you use Google Calendar on iPhone and make your life much more streamlined!
To use Google Calendar on iPhone, you're going to need the following:
- iPhone OS version 3.0 or above (be sure to upgrade if you don't already have this)
- Your contacts and calendars from your iPhone backed up on your computer (more of a safety measure than anything else)
- A Google apps account (Email, Calendar, etc)
- Enable Google Sync. If you're trying to use Google Calendar on iPhone for school or business, contact your business administrator to make sure this is done. If this is for personal use, simply log into your Google apps administrator page, select "Mobile" under "Service Settings," then select "Enable Google Sync." This will ensure that Google allows its data to be coordinated with your iPhone.
- Start the Connection. Going into your "Settings" on the home screen, then open "Mail, Contacts, Calendar." From here, select "Add Account" and select "Microsoft Exchange." This will start the process of letting you use Google Calendar on iPhone.
- Add the Account. Enter your full Gmail account in the email box, followed by your password in the corresponding field. Enter your full email again in the "Username" section, but be sure to leave the domain blank. If you get a window that says "Unable To Verify Certificate," hit "Cancel" and move on. Finally, input "m.google.com" into the server field.
- Finish the Process. You're almost done being about to use Google Calendar on iPhone! Here, select which Google app you want to use, being Mail, Calendar or Contacts. Select that you want to "Keep Contacts on iPhone" unless you're planning on re-entering your numbers later and starting with only the names in your Google Mail inbox. Other than that, you're all set!