Use IPhone Car Dock
When you use your iPhone car dock, you are able to add an element of safety to your communication and entertainment. You can bring your music anywhere you go, use your phone as a GPS, and screen calls. By using the dock, you will be able to utilize your phone with ease.
In order to utilize your iPhone car dock, you will need:
- an iPhone
- an adapter that will transmit sound from your phone to your stereo
- a docking station
- a car charger for your phone (recommended)
- Start by plugging your phone into the cigarette lighter of your car. Using it for music, direction, or phone calls seriously drains the batteries. Many car head units come with a USB port for charging if they are iPhone compatible, so you may not need a charger. If you have a stock stereo, you will most likely need to purchase a separate charger. They are available from many different retailers, such as Best Buy and Wal Mart.
- Connect your iPhone to the audio adapter. If you have a head unit with an aux in port, this will be the easiest and best way to connect your phone with your audio system. There are also tape deck adapters that connect to you headphone jack, and an FM transmitter. These are of varying quality, so it is important to do a little research before purchasing an adapter of you choosing.
- Place your phone into the docking station. These come a variety of types. Make sure that you purchase one that fits your particular model of iPhone. If possible, check it out with a demo model. Also be sure that you can attach it to the dashboard, as many states do not allow items to be attached to your windshield.
- Use your apps. This can be for music, navigation, or placing a call. It is important to note that you will be unable to talk on your phone while the headphone jack is occupied. If bluetooth connectivity is an option to get the phone synced with your audio system, it can be the best option to keep all functionality of your phone.