Use LinkedIn To Get Jobs
A great way to network and find a job is to use the resources provided by LinkedIn by knowing how to use LinkedIn to get jobs. LinkedIn operates the world's largest professional network with almost 100 million members in which to connect with. LinkedIn users must set up an account on their website and fill out the entire profile to take advantage of all the great resources provided by LinkedIn and to really use it to find a job.
- Tell everybody that you're looking for a job. LinkedIn allows users to tell anybody in their network and anybody looking for them on LinkedIn that they are looking for a job and what type of job. The profile can be updated on LinkedIn to show if they are interested in career opportunities, consulting offers, new ventures, job inquiries, reference requests, or getting back in touch. The LinkedIn profile can also be used to update possible employers on what you're doing by sending status updates and keeping the overall profile up-to-date.
- Get recommendations. LinkedIn users can request recommendations from other LinkedIn users and they look really good when an employer stops by that user's page.
- See if companies are hiring. Visit company pages to see if specific companies are hiring and what positions are available. Contact information is usually readily available to inquire about positions as well.
- Find connections to jobs. Users can find a job and see if any of the people in their network bring them close in connection to the hiring manager. This can be a great way to build a network that can possibly get the LinkedIn user that coveted job.
- See how others got to their position. There are millions of profiles on LinkedIn that make it easy for users to check out other people and see what jobs and education led to their current position. Follow in their footsteps and a user may soon hold their position in that company or another.