The Usher discography is representative of the artists' lyrics and musical genius. Usher has become known as a talented dancer, singer, and entertainer. The discography shows just how dynamic his music talent is, as he explores a range of styles in each of his songs.
- "Usher" This was the R&B artist's first album, signed on LaFace Records in 1994. This album was a tremendous success, making it on the Billboard chart and getting spot 25 on the U.S. R&B albums chart. "Can you get wit it," "Think of You," and "Many Ways" were the albums' singles. Each of the singles gained great popularity, becoming hits across America. He was the sole singer on each of the album's 14 tracks, showcasing his talent and skill. Usher truly made a great imprint on the mid-90's, bringing R&B to a new level of musical talent.
- "My Way" Released in 1997, this album revealed Usher's continued success as a talented R&B artist. As part of Usher's discography, this album went 6 times platinum with about 6 million sales in the United States and went gold in the United Kingdom. This artist had songs featuring Lil' Kim and Monica, adding female vocals to blend with Usher's. The album including many tracks that became quickly popular, including "You Make Me Wanna" and "My Way." This R&B/Soul/Pop CD showed a significant advancement in Usher's skill, while continuing his personal style.
- "8701" This is an amazing Usher album that went 4 times platinum. This CD had 15 tracks as part of its U.S. edition, and 17 as part of the internationl edition. This album even made it on the Billboard 200 list for the 2000-2009 decade, making it to spot 63. It was part of the Usher discography, with Sean Combs' vocals in "I Don't Know," and Jermaine Dupri in "I Can't Let U Go." Usher chose great artists to collaborate with and pushed this album to be above and beyond his previous works. The lyrics alone make each song on this album worth listening to.
- "Confessions" This album has had the most sales to date. It went 10 times platinum with many songs that continue to play on radios and in clubs today. The album's track "Burn" is one of Usher's most emotional and passionate songs ever. It was an immensely popular album, being put at spot 2 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 200. The album marked Usher's increasing talent as he gave the music industry powerfully innovative songs in this album. Although some of his lyrics were controversial, the album still made an immense impact and was a huge success. It is truly a great part of the Usher discography.
- "Raymond v. Raymond" This is Usher's most recent album, which was released in 2010. It has had over 1 million sales, largely due to the great attention each track has been given. The song "OMG" features will.i.am and is a great song to dance – as exemplified by Usher's smooth moves in the music video. Usher also collaborated with Nicki Minaj, Ludacris, and T.I. on songs in this albums. This album shows Usher's diversity, breaking strongly into the hip-hop and dance-pop genres. It is a one-of-a-kind album, a key part of the Usher discogrpahy.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …