Impress your loved one with this Valentines Day cake recipe. She'll be delighted by the fun heart shape, bright red color and of course, the delicious taste of this Valentines Day cake recipe. The recipe is for red velvet cake, which you can use at any time of year. Break out the pastry bags to decorate the Valentines Day cake with fancy swirls and lettering or keep things simple.
To make the Valentines Day cake recipe, you will need:
- 1 8 inch round cake pan
- 1 8 inch square cake pan
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- Medium mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- 3/4 cups vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons red food dye
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Large mixing bowl
- Hand mixer
- Cooling rack
- Vanilla or cream cheese frosting
- Pastry bag (optional)
- Sprinkles or candy hearts
- Spray each cake pan with cooking oil. Set the pans aside. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cocoa in a medium size mixing bowl. Stir to mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Beat together oil and buttermilk in a large bowl. Add the egg, food dye, vinegar and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Carefully add the flour mixture to the oil mixture to make the Valentines Day cake batter. Add a small amount of the flour mixture, then beat, then add a bit more and beat, until all the flour mixture is added to the oil mixture.
- Pour the Valentines Day cake batter into the pans. Fill the pans about 2/3 of the way full, making sure the cake batter is divided evenly.
- Place the pans in the oven, next to each other on the middle rack. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the center of the Valentines Day cake comes out clean.
- Let the Valentines Day cake cool completely. Set on a wire rack. Once cool, remove from the pans.
- Cut the circle cake in half. Place one half along one side of the square cake and the other half on the other side to form a heart.
- Apply the frosting to the cake to cover. Decorate as you wish with the pastry bags, sprinkles or candy hearts.
A recent study commissioned by Lifestyles condoms has suggested that women in the U.S. are more likely to want to have s ...
Not everybody can have a super-sweet, lovey-dovey Valentine’s Day. Some of us are without a paramour, some are recently- ...
It’s almost summertime and we can already taste the BBQ. Unfortunately, a lot of our BBQ options are not the great ...