Are you ready to try an amazing vegan agave sweetened cookie recipe? This adapted version of Scottish shortbread is great with afternoon tea or coffee. It is a versatile recipe that uses whole grains for a healthy guilt-free treat.
To make this vegan agave sweetened Scottish shortbread you will need:
- 2/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- three cups uncooked quick oatmeal
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- seven tablespoons agave nectar
- two teaspoons vanilla
- Fruit-only sweetened jam in the flavor of your choice
- A nine inch by nine inch baking pan
- oil or cooking spray for greasing the pan
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the pastry four and salt into the oatmeal. Make sure the dry ingredients are well blended.
Add the oil to the dry ingredients, mixing well. For the best flavor choose a light flavored oil, such as canola or sunflower oil, rather than a heavier olive oil.
- Add the agave nectar and vanilla. Mix very thoroughly.
- Lightly oil your baking pan. Use a bit of oil on a paper towel to grease your pan evenly.
Press half the batter into the bottom of the pan.
- Spread the jam evenly over the batter in a thin layer.
- Cover the jam layer with the remaining batter Press the batter out to reach the edges of the pan.
Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Allow the cookies to cool for fifteen minutes before cutting.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
Why Your Wife May Be Unhappy in Your Marriage and How it Can...
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.