Vegetarian Restaurants Ny
There is no shortage of vegetarian restaurants in the NY. New York City alone features countless vegetarian restaurants. The rest of New York State also has a countless number of restaurants of this type. This puts us at roughly countless times two for the total number of NY vegetarian restaurants. Below are a few of the better rated ones in the New York City area.
- Buddha Bodai Chinese Vegetarian Restaurant. Buddha Bodai features all your favorite vegetarian dishes, but with meat substitutes rather than the real meat. There are certain types of kosher meat items on the menu, but you will have no problem being a vegetarian at this Chinatown restaurant in New York City. Enjoy sesame or kong pao vegetarian chicken, Sezchuan tofu, stir fried spinach and lots of other items. They also have a lunch menu. Buddha Bodai Vegetarian Restaurant and Kosher Cuisine, 5 Mott St., New York, NY, 10013, (212) 566-8388.
- Zen Palate Vegetarian Restaurant. The environment at all three locations of the Zen Palate is exactly what you would expect: Zen-like and serene. This vegetarian restaurant offers three convenient locations in the upper west side, the theater district and Union Square. Enjoy a fine menu of truly vegetarian delights, in the spirit of Asian cuisine, such as portabella and shiitake mushrooms, eggplant, asparagus and tofu in savory sauces. Most of the entrees range between fifteen and twenty dollars. You can call or visit the website to find a restaurant location near you. Zen Palate Union Square: (212) 387-8885. Zen Palate Theater District: (212) 582-1669. Zen Palate Upper West Side: (212) 222-2111. www.zenpalate.com.
- Blossom Vegan Cuisine. The Blossom vegan restaurant is designed to promote and encourage a cruelty free lifestyle. The Ninth Avenue vegetarian restaurant features a nice international assortment of main courses, appetizers and desserts. You'll find burritos, Thai tofu, seitan Philly cheese steak sandwiches, soy bacon cheeseburgers and much more. Blossom Vegan Cuisine, 187 Ninth Avenue, New York, NY, 10011, (212) 627-1144.
- Caravan of Dreams Vegetarian Restaurant. The East Village is filled with vegetarian dining opportunities. The Caravan of Dreams menu is 100% vegan, kosher certified and organic. Aside from its menu of burritos, quesodillas, hummus platters and pastas, this vegetarian restaurant is also a thriving social hub for those who are dedicated to "better living". You may experience open mics, concerts and other social activities there. Caravan of Dreams, 405 East Sixth St., New York, NY, 10009, (212) 254- 1613.
- Strictly Vegetarian Restaurant. Brooklyn does have vegetarian restaurants, and this is one of the best. Doggie bags have been phased out over the years, but this restaurant is known for very large high quality portions at low prices. You can easily stuff yourself with delicious food for under ten dollars if you're on a budget. Strictly Vegetarian Restaurant, 2268 Church Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11226, (718) 284-2543.