Vice City Online
"Vice City Online" is an online mod of Grand Theft Auto's fourth installment, allowing players to play on the same Vice City map as each other and, in turn, create epically larger scales of carnage and destruction. When playing this online version of the game, be it on PC, Xbox or Playstation 3, a whole new form of strategy will have to be employed in this video game sandbox, as players will not be going on missions but rather enacting their own desired amounts of mayhem. Climb to the top of a skyscraper and pick-off random players with your sniper rifle. Steal an armored car and run people over endlessly, as you will be almost indestructible. Basically, it's a anarchic free-for-all in "Vice City Online", showing us why we need law and order in our non-virtual lives. But in "Vice City Online", there are certain tips that should be employed in order to survive as long as possible.
- Learn your weapons cheats by heart. You'll need these throughout each game you play in "Vice City Online", as you'll be using a lot of them for a number of different violent endeavors. As the old saying goes, sometimes you need a chainsaw, other times you need a rocket launcher.
- Don't do the invincible thing. "Vice City Online" players will usually kick you out of the game if you do, many servers won't allow that cheat code and even if they do, it's stupidly unsporting to not be able to be killed. You already have endless numbers of lives. Isn't that enough?
- Claim an area and protect the hell out of it. Think of yourself as a warlord in a now lawless city in "Vice City Online". Find an area, create a perimeter, learn that perimeter and protect it like it's your homestead. This strategy will help you create your own game within the game.
- Make alliances. Get to know other players, form gangs and alliances and take the city together. It's a big place and needs more then just one gamer running it. Who ever said "Vice City Online" doesn't teach sharing?
- Be a ringleader. Each "Vice City online" group often has forums for all it's members. Talk to people in that forum and get people together to play matches all at the same time. Like a futuristic poker club, except where you kill each other mercilessly with computer generated people. Ah, the future.