Vicodin withdrawl symptoms are similar to the withdrawal symptoms for other drugs in the opiate class. Unlike alcohol, the condition is not usually fatal, although it is uncomfortable. Most people go through the process in three to six days while their body removes the traces of the chemical. Full effects of detoxification are realized only.
- Strong feelings of anxiety. Opiates have a calming effect on the body and can produce a mild form of euphoria. When a drug such as Vicodin is taken away, the body worries about what being deprived of the drug means as well. This can lead to anger and irritability. Anger and irritability are classic signs of withdrawal from many substances.
- Aches, pains and upset stomach. A person going off of any opiate may experience pain in the joints or muscles. A patient may also experience stomach cramps and other gastrointestinal distress. Vicodin is both physically and psychologically addictive. Pain may or may not be present from the condition that caused a doctor to prescribe the drug in the first place.
- Sweating and chills. Sweating and chills do not seem to go together at first. Sweating helps the body regulate its temperature when it gets to hot. If sweating happens in situations when it is not appropriate, it can cause a person’s body temperature to lower, allowing both to occur at the same time.
- Runny nose. Vicodin withdrawal can cause the body to discharge mucus. A runny nose is probably the mildest symptom of vicodin withdrawal.
- Feeling bad over all. Each person going through vicodin withdrawal will experience this in a different way. On the whole, the detoxification from any physically addictive drug is not a pleasant one to undertake. After the three to six period ends, the body should return to the point it was before a person started taking prescription pain killing medication.
Gregory House is probably the best known television character who suffers from a vicodin addiction. A person can see him go through some of the symptoms of withdrawal in several episodes from previous season.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …