Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls Recipe
If you love Vietnamese food, this recipes on how to make Vietnamese rice paper rolls will have your taste buds smiling. This recipe is simple, quick and easy to make. It is also very healthy and great for any occasion.
To make delectable Vietnamese rice paper rolls, you will need the following ingredients:
- 8 rice paper wrappers
- 2 oz rice vermicelli
- 2 chicken breast
- 1 cup cabbage shredded
- 1 carrot shredded
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/3 cup mint
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup peanuts chopped
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp pepper
- Soak the rice vermicelli for about twenty minutes.
- Sprinkle your chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Cook the chicken for about ten minutes on each side or until done.
- Remove the chicken and cut into thin strips. Set aside and allow the chicken to cool. You do not want the chicken to very hot when preparing your rice paper rolls.
- In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil and add the rice vermicelli. Allow to cook for five minutes then remove and drain the vermicelli from the saucepan.
- Rinse the vermicelli with cold water so it doesn’t stick. Then, you should set it aside and allow it to cool while you prepare the rice wrappers for your Vietnamese rice paper rolls.
- Fill a large mixing bowl with hot water. Have additional hot water available in case your water becomes cool.
- Dip one rice wrapper into the hot water for about fifteen seconds. Lay the wrapper on a large plate. For the best results, you should only work with one wrapper at a time, so dip only one finish it completely and dip another one.
- Place the chicken, cabbage, carrots, rice vermicelli, bean sprouts, mint leaves, coriander leaves and peanuts onto the wrapper. When making Vietnamese rice paper rolls you could add shrimp or beef instead of chicken.
- Press the ingredients down and roll the edges of the rice wrapper towards the middle. Make sure you wrap it tightly and be aware that the wrapper will stick easily as you are rolling it.
- Repeat these steps to finish making your Vietnamese rice paper rolls. Tip: cover the finished rice paper rolls with a wet cloth.
- You can serve these Vietnamese rice paper rolls with peanut or fish sauce.