Vintage Mens Jeans
Vintage mens jeans are a trend that are just not going out of style. If you’ve decided to join the trend and get a pair of mens vintage jeans of your own, there are two ways you can do that. First, you’ll need to decide if you’re going to go out and purchase actual vintage jeans or if you are going to take a pair of jeans you already have and distress them to fit the vintage style.
What you’ll need:
- A shopping list of what you’re looking for
- Types of Vintage Jeans if you’re going to purchase them
- Directions on how to distress if you’re planning to make them yourself
- What do you want? Typically men’s vintage jeans are going to be a more fitted than the modern men’s jeans and also generally a little lighter in wash. The wash can vary, however, if you’re interested in finding something a little darker. Think about what you like and what makes you comfortable and go out and find a vintage version!
- Possible Styles. If you’ve decided retail is your speed, go out and break out that wallet! Check vintage stores around your house and give yourself time to find a great pair of vintage jeans. Some of the most iconic mens vintage jeans styles you should look for are Levi’s 501, Wranglers and Redline Levi’s.
- How to distress. With some household items, it’s very easy to distress your own jeans to get the vintage jeans look. Slide a knife along hems to fray the material, work gently and slowly to get the most natural vintage look. Another great method is to take a piece of very rough sandpaper or fine cheese grater and rub it on selected pieces of the fabric to wear and fray the material. It can be very easy to get a vintage look for men’s jeans if you decide not to spend the money on them as long as you are patient and work on the material slowly!