Vitamin B Complex Benefits
You can get vitamin B complex benefits when you eat healthy foods and take the right amount of supplements. The vitamin B complex has all the B vitamins you need for your body. These vitamins are naturally found in foods, but can be easily obtained through supplements. Here are the best benefits of the B vitamins and how they help you.
- Energy: You need vitamins B1 and B2 to produce energy. Without enough energy you can't perform any type of recreational activities. The vitamins also work on the enzymes in the heart, nerves and muscles.
- Lowers cholesterol: If you eat fast food because you simply can't cook, you may need to take vitamin B3. This vitamin works to lower cholesterol in the blood and promote a healthy heart. Your blood circulation is improved greatly.
- Helps make hormones: B3 and B7 are two of the vitamin complexes that help make your hormones and other chemicals in your body. Your hormones regulate many body functions including blood sugar, reproduction and digestion.
- Regulates your metabolism: No matter how much of a stud you are, a bad metabolism can slow you down. As you get older, your metabolism doesn't work as fast as it used to. The food you eat begins to sit longer in your digestive system, making you sluggish and tired. You may gain a few pounds as well. Almost all of the B complex vitamins breakdown carbohydrates, increase metabolism and keep the digestive system running smoothly.
- Makes your immune system strong: Vitamin B6 benefits you by making your immune system stronger. The stronger this system is, the better you look and feel. Vitamin B6 is also good for regulating your glucose levels.
Although the vitamin complex benefits your health, you should never take more than the recommended amounts. An overdose of any vitamin can lead to vomiting, dizziness and much more serious conditions. If you are taking prescribed medications, speak with your doctor before taking any vitamins.