Vitamin C benefits the human body in many ways. It is an antioxidant vitamin that is essential for growth and development. Some vitamin C benefits are aiding in fighting against infection, absorbing iron, collagen production and more. Take vitamin C tablets or eat vitamin C rich citrus fruits daily to see an improvement in health.
- Cancer, gallbladder disease and cataracts prevention. The antioxidant properties of vitamin C will reduce chances of getting stomach, colon, lung, prostate and oral cancer. Studies show that long term use of vitamin C will significantly decreases cataracts, and will reduce chances of contracting gallstones and gallbladder disease.
- Faster and productive collagen production. Collagen is a building block of connective tissues and protein binding cells. It is needed for healthy skin, ligaments, corneas, cartilage and countless bodily structures. Bite into a juicy orange rich with vitamin C to help production of collagen and heal wounds faster.
- Infection prevention and immune builder. Low vitamin C levels will increase the risks for infection. Enjoy vitamin C by taking a tablet daily to increase the production of white blood cells and support the immune system. Interestingly, vitamin C is often prescribed to HIV positive people to prevent infections.
- Hormone and neurotransmitter production. Help the body produce adrenal hormones with help from vitamin C. Neurotransmitters, which are chemicals that send transmissions of nerve impulses, depend on vitamin C for conversion. Vitamin C converts substances into neurotransmitters such as serotonin, nor epinephrine and dopamine. Without these neurotransmitters the central nervous system would not function properly, and there would be a risk for psychiatric illness.
- Iron absorption. Even though they are sometimes thought of as enemies, vitamin C and iron help each other in the body. Iron is essential for hemoglobin to effectively carry oxygen throughout the body; the lungs, eyes, brain and everywhere is supplied oxygen by hemoglobin. Remember, men need plenty of iron and vitamin C in their bloodstream for oxygen.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.