Eager eaters in the D.C. area can go by the Washingtonian best restaurants list to decide where to procure their nosh for the evening (or morning or afternoon if it were). This directory of esteemed local restaurants can lead the way to some highly satisfying meals. To make the Washingtonian best restaurants index, an eatery must prove its vittles sufficiently drool-worthy. Here are some of the best establishments from the list.
- Komi This modern Greek and Mediterranean restaurant makes the top of the Washingtonian best restarants list. Diners won't find a menu at this pricey joint. Instead, there is a pre-fixed meal of over a dozen courses, available for $135 dollars a person (wine pairing is extra). Komi: 1509 17th St. NW, Washington, D.C., 20036
- Citronelle This one of the more expensive restaurants in the area, and features modern French cuisine. Citronelle is located in the Latham Hotel. Citronelle: 3000 M St., Washington, D.C., 20007
- Addie's This moderate-to-expensive eatery offers contemporary Southern American food. Fried oysters and Carolina mountain trout are specialities, and fried green tomatoes are also on the menu. Addies: 11120 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD, 20852
- Bar Pilar Open until late, this inexpensive "faux dive" makes the Washingtonian best restaurants list for masterfully prepared veggie dishes like chanterelle mushrooms as well as mussels and grilled prawns. Bar Pilar: 1833 14th St. NW, Washington, D.C., 20009
- Zaytinya Spanish chef Jose Andres serves up small plates of delicacies hailing from Greece, Turkey and Lebanon, all at moderate prices. Zatinya: 701 Ninth St. NW, Washington, D.C., 20001
- Villa Mozart This cozy Italian restaurant features seasonal preparations of classics like gnocchi and pasta, often with a twist. Prices here are very high. Villa Mozart: 4009 Chain Bridge Road, Fairfax, VA, 22030
- PassionFish PassionFish is an expensively-priced seafood restaurant with favorites like clams casino, hamachi crudo with grapefruit and jalapeno, and freshly-fried donut holes. PassionFish: 11960 Democracy Dr., Reston, VA, 20190
- Cork This moderately-priced wine bar makes the Washingtonian best restaurants list for modern American cuisine and tapas by Chef Ron Tanaka. The owners also operate a market down the street that sells many of the foods found in the dishes here. Cork: 1720 14th St. NW, Washington, D.C., 20009
- Restaurant Eve Here diners can nibble on British and American selections made from scratch. This restaurant ranges from expensive to very expensive. Restaurant Eve: 110 South Pitt St., Alexandria, VA, 22314
- Jaleo Jaleo earned its spot on the Washingonian best restaurants list for its Spanish and Portugeuese tapas, as well as a healthy assortment of vegetarian dishes. This moderately-priced spot is open late-night and serves brinch on weekends. Jaleo: 7271 Woodmont Ave., Bethesda, MD, 20814
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Beer Brain: Sam Adams’ Kosmic Mother Funk
This private-reserve beer drinks like a fine port or brandy.
10 Social-Media Problems Ello Solves
From privacy to nudity—why the Anti-Facebook's time has come.