Water Parks In Illinois
If you're looking to have some family-friendly fun in the Midwest during the summer months, one fun idea is to visit the several water parks in Illinois. Water parks are, essentially, aquatic playgrounds that feature a vast assortment of rides and activities, including water slides, lazy rivers, wave pools and splash pads. In general, the parks are also home to a variety of games and recreational activities as well, such as video game arcades.
- Magic Waters - Magic Waters is a Cherry Valley, Illinois water park that offers a wide array of aquatic attractions. Some of the water park's standout attractions are the Splash Magic River pool (1,000 feet in length), the Tiki Island water complex, the Splash Blaster thrill ride, the Little Lagoon (for younger guests), the Typhoon Terror flume ride and tube and body slides. - 7820 N Cherryvale Blvd., Cherry Valley, IL 61016
- Raging Waves - Raging Waves is promoted as being the biggest outdoor water park in the state. The water park is located in Yorkville, which is just 45 minutes away from the center of Chicago. Raging Waters spans 45 acres and hosts a large selection of water rides and attractions, including the raft ride Crocodile Mile, the speed slide Tasmanian Twisters and the Koala Kove playground (suitable for smaller children). - 4000 N. Bridge St., Bristol, IL 60512
- Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort - Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort is a popular indoor water park situated in Utica, Illinois. The water park encompasses 24,000 square feet and features everything from a lazy river and a large water slide to a kiddie swimming pool and wave pool. The "Cave Arcade" also provides video game fun for kids after a day of splashing around and swimming. - 2643 N. Illinois Route 178, Utica, IL 61373
- CoCo Key Water Resort - CoCo Key Water Resort is a large Illinois water park that is part of the Best Western Clock Tower Resort. CoCo Key Water Resort has a comfortable 84 degree temperature throughout the whole year. Some of the park's attractions are a spacious video arcade, personal poolside cabanas and a handful of water slides (all four stories long). - 7801 E. State St., Rockford, IL 61108
- Mayan Adventure Water Park - Mayan Adventure Water Park is an indoor park that always is set at a warm 82 degrees. The 24,000 square foot park is located in Elmhurst, Illinois. Many activities are available for children of all different age groups. Some noteworthy attractions at the park include the lazy river, the "Howling Monkey" body slide and the plunge pool. - 624 N. York Road, Elmhurst, IL 60126