Training novice goalies is certainly not a problem with these water polo goalie drills for beginners. Playing the most significant and probably the most difficult role in water polo, goalies shall gradually become future MVPs in the pool with these simple drills:
- Goalie Cage. This drill is aimed to enhance the skills of the water polo goalie in moving in both sides of the cage to and fro. When moving from one side to another through an egg-beater kick, the goalie shall keep his hands up in the air. A fifteen- to 30-second rest shall be given after every two sets of this water polo goalie drill.
- Goalie Cage Jumps. Developing leg strength and coverage skills, this water polo goalie drills are significant for blocking shots. Positioned at the center of the cage, the goalie has to jump towards and touch the right and left corners of the cage alternately. Ten jumps are adequate to complete a set before each practice.
- Goalie Land Reaction Time. The goalie’s reflexive abilities will certainly be polished with this water polo drill. The goalie kneels down in front of a sturdy wall with a distance of around three yards. Another player stands behind the goalie and throws the ball to the wall. Once the ball bounces back from the wall, the goalie shall stop the ball from getting through him.
- Goalie Land Throwing Drill. This water polo goalie drill starts by letting the player assume its position which is six to twelve yards away from a wall. He will then throw the ball against the wall using proper body mechanics. The ball shall bounce back and the player shall catch it without moving out of its position.
- Goalie Vertical Kicks. The goal of this water polo goalie drill is to keep the player’s upper body out of the water. This is done by having three or more players perform their vertical kicks while holding a ball above their heads with both of their hands. Each of the players will pass the ball to the next player on their left while simultaneously receiving the ball handed to them in their right. Utmost care shall be implemented to avoid dropping the ball into the water. Change of directions of passes will depend upon the coach’s discretion.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.